Peaches 'n' Cream Casserole
This is elegant enough for a Sunday brunch, and provides a different way to enjoy your breakfast oatmeal. It can be enjoyed as is, or topped with maple syrup. Leftovers are good cold or can be reheated in an oven or microwave. From Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced peaches, peeled (Canned peaches, packed in juice, may be used.)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, peaches and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Beat with a fork or wire whisk until blended.
- Add to oat mixture, mixing well.
- Place mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I loved this! We've got wonderful peaches in season right now, so I was looking for something good to make out of them. I doubled the recipe, threw it all together early in the morning and then after sticking it in the oven, I went back to bed for 50 mins :) I Woke up to a lovely hot breakfast. I thought this tasted great all by itself and didn't add anything to it. Now I have left overs in the fridge to eat tomorrow morning and looking forward to it.Reply
This recipe is good and healthy. I thought it was a little bland and boring until I added a little bit of maple syrup on top, then it was perfect! I used fresh southern peaches, whole eggs and raw milk from the farm. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. I think next time, I may use a half of cup less of milk to make it drier (just my personal preference). Thanks for a great breakfast!1Reply
This was really good. I was looking for a low fat dessert/breakfast food, and this fit the bill. I added blueberries and egg substitute instead egg whites, and put some sugar free syrup on top. Also used a can of sugar free peaches. Just finished it this morning for breakfast and will be making another batch. Thanks Whisper!!!Reply