Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from TOH. For my new waffle iron! :)
Make and share this Sour Cream Cardamom Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 dash salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom and salt.
- Combine milk, sour cream, butter and egg yolks; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown (waffles will be soft).
Made these last night from the same TOH book I'll bet! Love them! I was worried the cardamom would be overpowering but it's the perfect ammount. Added about 1/4 tsp cinnamon as well. Will make these again for sure.
Perfect. Perfect waffles. A gem recipe that's for certain! Made exactly as directed except for subbing a little bit of plain yogurt for some of the sour cream. Light drizzle of maple syrup and a fairy sprinkle of powdered sugar. Final word: ~Tasty Dish~ approved! (That's five stars automatically right there!) Thank you! cg