Cardamom Sour Cream Waffles
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
4 individual waffles
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, rounded
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- powdered sugar (garnish)
- Preheat a waffle iron until hot.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in another bowl, then whisk into flour mixture until just combined.
- Lightly brush waffle iron with oil and cook waffles according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Enjoyed for our breakfast this morning! Moist and tender. Served with maple syrup but would be awesome with lingonberries. I thought the cardamom was strong but my cardamon is very fresh. I store pods in freezer, then remove husks and pound so maybe that is why I think I will reduce amount next time. Thank you very much for recipe.
We don't have waffles a lot around here, so when I do serve them, most often I top my with some white corn syrup or a little strawberry preserves ~ For these great tasting breakfast treats it was the syrup (minus the powdered sugar)! Very much enjoyed the cardamom & sour cream in these & will be making them again, for sure! [Made & reviewed during the Family Picks part of ZWT6]
see 7 more reviews
This were really delicious! I made pancakes instead of waffles. I scaled it down to one serving. For the egg, I beat one egg in a cup and poured half of it into the sour cream. I am not a milk drinker so I didn't have any whole milk,. I mixed a little bit of water with some Half and Half. about 2 to 1 Two parts Half and Half and one .part water. It worked out quite well.I had Cardamom powder instead of ground. II had to double the Cardamom to even taste it. It all worked out to be the perfect amount of batter. It made 2 pancakes, which was the perfect amount I will be making this again.The Directions were easy to follow. Thanks sister gypsy for sharing your recipe. This was made for ZWT 4 Family picks and the Cafe ZMAKK Gypsies