Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a pretty easy, very tasty cake. Good with coffee and a friendly get together.
- 1 cup margarine
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sift
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- extra margarine, for topping
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Add egg yolks and sour cream. Mix till nice and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites till STIFF, then fold into mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured Bundt cake pan.
- Sprinkle the topping of sugar, cinnamon and nuts over top of batter.
- Dot with little small, thin pats of margarine.
- BAKE at 325° for one hour or till done.
- Cool 15 minutes before turning out of pan.
Easy to make! Beautiful and delicious! I made it exactly as written and everyone loved it! Thanks so much!!
I don't know what possessed me to look up sour cream bundt cakes, but I sure am glad I found this one. I made this for a side birthday cake and pretty sure it didn't last as long as the real cake!! Perfect texture, looks amazing, and above all tastes amazing. Wouldn't change a thing about it.
we loved this cake...moist, light and very easy to make!!!