Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Taken from the Hall of Fame cookbook, this an outstanding banana bread recipe and foaming the baking soda in the sour cream makes all the difference --- this recipe will yield four loaves and may be frozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sour cream
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 -5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease four 9 x 5-in loaf pans.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Mix sour cream and soda in a separate bowl; let stand until foamy.
- Add vanilla, bananas, salt and flour; mix well.
- Place in 4 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Note: mini chocolate chips may be added to the loaf cakes if desired, just bake a little longer (don't add too many chocolate chips, as the cake will take too long to bake and will overbrown while baking).
This was my first time making banana bread and I used my near-new kitchenaid. Bread turned out light and fluffy and my husband loved it. Will definitely make again.
This is my new favorite banana bread recipe. It was soooo good. I like that it makes 4 loaves so you can freeze them or give them away to friends/family, neighbors!
my hubby said" get all your other banana loaf recipes and pitch em! this is the only one you need!" Is so moist and tasty..and you need the 4 loaves as it goes so quickly!