Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Taken from the Hall of Fame cookbook, this an outstanding banana bread recipe and foaming the baking soda in the sour cream makes all the difference --- this recipe will yield four loaves and may be frozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sour cream
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 -5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease four 9 x 5-in loaf pans.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Mix sour cream and soda in a separate bowl; let stand until foamy.
- Add vanilla, bananas, salt and flour; mix well.
- Place in 4 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Note: mini chocolate chips may be added to the loaf cakes if desired, just bake a little longer (don't add too many chocolate chips, as the cake will take too long to bake and will overbrown while baking).