1/5 Photos of Sour Cream Banana Cake With Toffee Bar Topping
1 hr 5 mins
This is a tender, moist cake with a caramel topping, use caramel chips, or minced up toffee bars, such a Heath bars. If you reside in Canada and cannot find Heath bars, then one whole Crispy Crunch bar will do. If you want more topping double all topping ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4-1/3 cup crushed chocolate-covered english toffee bar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 4To make topping: in a small bowl, mix together the confectioners sugar and 1/3 cup flour.
- 5Rub the butter in the flour mix with your fingertips to make a crumb mixture.
- 6Stir in the caramel bits, Heath bars or Crispy Crunch bars; set aside.
- 7In a small bowl, mash (do not mix with a mixer) the bananas; set aside.
- 8In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 9In another bowl, with an elecric mixer (if you have a heavy-duty stand mixer attach the paddle attachment) and cream the butter and sugar very well until soft (about 6 minutes).
- 10Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and the vanilla.
- 11Add in banana, sour cream, and all dry ingredients, mix on low speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 12Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- 13Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the cake batter.
- 14Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Banana Cake With Toffee Bar Topping
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.0 mg
- Sodium 569.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 41.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-covered english toffee bars