Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this on a diabetic website, but i believe the carb count is to high. But it does turn out wonderful.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 ounces egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tart apples, such as granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced very thin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry.
- Cut off extra dough leaving 1/3 inch to turn under and then crimp decoratively.
- In a bowl, combine the egg substitute, sugar substitute, flour, salt (if using), sour cream, and lemon juice.
- Gently fold in the sliced apples.
- Pour into lined pie pan.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is browned and set.
- Chill before serving,.
I too found this recipe on a diabetic website and it is very good for a diabetic version.