Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple and delicious! I usually put a layer of peeled baby carrots under the salmon, spray them with oil and season them with creole seasoning & garlic powder. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs fresh salmon fillets, boneless & skinless (frozen works too but cooks longer)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 onion, sliced very thin, recipe calls for grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- season salt, I use Tony Chachere's Creole
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray baking sheet with 1/2" sides with oil.
- Place Salmon on it or a bed of seasoned carrots and then Salmon.
- Squeeze lemon juice over Salmon.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt over Salmon.
- Spread sour cream over Salmon.
- Layer onions over sour cream (make sure your onions are sliced VERY thin or are grated so that they melt into the sour cream).
- Bake 30 minutes to an hour (depending on if you're using frozen fish and carrots) until fish is tender and flakes easily. Sauce should be rich and slightly brown.
Used this recipe for Mahi Mahi and cooked the fish over cauliflower instead of carrots. What a flavor complement! Served with Charddonay, Yellow cherry tomato, fresh mozzerella, basil and pesto salad with balsamic and EVOO, and served with Candied sweet potato side dish. So happy I have left overs
This was wonderful. I increased the amount of onion (I used red)and cream and I added some mustard to it. It tasted great with carrots underneath. Thanks a lot for this recipe!
This was delicious! I used some dill and green onions. Was very rich and delightful. Will make again.