Recipe by rachaelborges
I took ideas from several recipes and came up with this. It was really easy and my family really enjoyed it, especially my sick DH.
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 5 (4 ounce) chicken breast tenders (approximately 4 oz each)
- 1 cup rice
- 10 bouillon cubes
- 10 cups water
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and celery in butter for one minute.
- Add water, bouillon, peas, chicken, carrots and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and let simmer for 30-45 minutes until rice and all veggies are tender.
- Remove chicken and chop into bite size pieces. Stir back into soup.