Recipe by Jostlori
This is a typical Spanish soup that is served as a tapa. It is simple, rustic, and delicious!
Top Review by Starrynews
I had never tried Sopa de Ajo before. Very interesting - simple and easy to prepare with just a handful of ingredients. I did include the optional egg. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 slices thick bread, cut in cubes for croutons
- 3 teaspoons spanish paprika
- 1 quart water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 eggs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- Add garlic, bread cubes and paprika and stir until bread cubes are a golden brown. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Add water, then salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- In a separate pan, fry the eggs in olive oil.
- Serave the soup in rustic "cazuelas" or in deep soup bowls. Add a fried egg on top and serve immediately.