Sopa De Ajo - Castilian Garlic Soup
photo by MarraMamba
- Ready In:
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan.
- Add not-too-thinly sliced garlic.
- Before the garlic turns brown, add the cubed ham and the slices of bread.
- Sauté for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add the sweet paprika, followed by the water and salt.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Boil for 5-10 minutes.
- To poach the eggs, carefully add eggs to the soup one at a time.
- Scoop out poached eggs one at a time into soup bowls. Then, slowly ladle the soup into each bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really enjoyed the flavor of this soup and having the poached egg in it was perfect. I used Paula G' microwave poached egg recipe with the soup instead of water to make the eggs so it was even easier. The one thing i will do differently next time is to saute the bread slices with everything, add the water then remove the bread until the end and put it back in (perhaps leaving one piece in during the whole soup cooking stage) for the last two minutes so it keeps some body to it.. I just found that I preferred the bread a little oomphier. I suspected i would so added an extra piece to the saute cut in half and removed it, which is why its in the picture looking fairly whole.