Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mmm... This is SO yummy. Recipe from my dear friend Cynthia. We love this aside pizza or any grilled meats. If you don't care for large chunks of blue cheese as we do, freeze the cheese and grate. Change the flavor by using feta instead of the blue and add Kalamata olives. Consider adding some Parmesan or pepperoni too. Once filled cooked jumbo pasta shells with this for an appetizer.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 slices bacon, fried, drained, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mix romaine, tomato, onion, avocado, cheese and bacon in salad bowl.
- Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, sugar and pepper. Pour over salad and mix well.
This is a fantastic salad always a hit. If you are in a pinch and don't have a ripe avocado, artichoke hearts are a great substitute.