Recipe by sonnet26
I got the original recipe from one of my sisters (who got it from another sister), changed the things I didn't like about the original recipe, and this is the result. This is so good it's almost a sin.
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups melted butter, cooled (yes, you can use oil but it doesn't taste as good)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme (I use Kraft's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour 2- 9" x 5" loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Strawberry Bread: In a medium bowl, gently stir the first three ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the strawberry mixture and stir just until blended (don't overmix or you'll ruin the texture).
- Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature, slice, and serve with Cream Cheese Sauce (recipe follows).
- Cream Cheese Sauce: Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add marshmallow creme and beat until well blended.