Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The recipe uses Sun Dried Tomato and the oil that was used for packing. The rice has a mild sweet/sour taste that adds flavor, but will not distract from the other dishes in the meal.
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato (packed in olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon oil (from the Sun Dried Tomato)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock (Canned is fine)
- Heat the oil from the tomato in a small sauce pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add onion and saute until nearly transparent.
- add rice and stir until all the grains are coated with the oil/butter.
- Add the tomato, and chicken stock.
- Cover, reduce heat to the lowest level and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, but do NOT remove the cover.
- Allow to sit for another 15 minutes.
love it!!!!!!! thanks