The basil butter is also great on steamed veggies and broiled chicken. The foil packets here contain snow peas and mushrooms. Flounder works well with this preparation too.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- To prepare the butter, stir together the butter ingredients and shape into a 2 inch long log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Tear off 4, 18 X 12 inch pieces of heavy duty foil and place one fish fillet on each piece and make sure to tuck under thin edges of the fish to prevent it from drying out.
- Top each fillet with some mushrooms, pea pods and the chives.
- Bring up 2 opposite ends of the foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining ends to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to expand.
- Grill foil packets for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Open foil packets carefully as to not get a steam burn and transfer fish and veggies to serving plates.
- Top each fillet with a 1/4 inch thick slice of the butter mixture and serve.
This was so easy and yummy! I used basil leaves and lemon instead of the basil butter, and string beans, mushrooms and green onions. delish!
The fish turned out perfectly... flakey and delicious. I doubted the mushrooms and peas would be done in such a short amount of time, but they were. I didn't have any lemons on hand so I substituted lemon pepper seasoning and it worked fine. The basil butter added a great touch to the fish and veggie combo. Will definitely make again.