This is wonderful with any kind of stew or braised meats such as lamb shanks or Osso Bucco. It's my idea of comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- 2Add leeks, stir to coat and cook covered about 10 minutes until leeks are softened, stirring now and then.
- 3add water, broth and bay leaf.
- 4Bring to a boil and gradually whisk in the polenta.
- 5Reduce heat to medium low and cook stirring frequently until thick and creamy, about 35 minutes.
- 6Thin with more water as needed.
- 7Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf.
- 8Stir in the 1 tablespoon remaining butter and the Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Polenta With Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 210.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g