Recipe by Normaone
This is wonderful with any kind of stew or braised meats such as lamb shanks or Osso Bucco. It's my idea of comfort food!
Top Review by Mrs B
Tasty easy comfort food, indeed. Although I was cooking for two, I used the same quantities and served half and saved half. I shaped the second half into soft patties, which we had with eggs for brunch the next day. I used vegetable stock instead of chicken.
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 3 large leeks, white and pale green parts only,thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄4 cups water (or more)
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup polenta
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add leeks, stir to coat and cook covered about 10 minutes until leeks are softened, stirring now and then.
- add water, broth and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and gradually whisk in the polenta.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook stirring frequently until thick and creamy, about 35 minutes.
- Thin with more water as needed.
- Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in the 1 tablespoon remaining butter and the Parmesan cheese.