Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is my mother-in-law's recipe.She was always baking and this is one of my favorite recipes she had.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add baking soda, powder and vanilla.
- Stir in flour.
- Roll into balls, roll in sugar. Flatten cookies, using a fork, in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 6-7 minutes or adjust to suit your oven and size of cookies!
Fantastic cookies!!!! I haven't made peanut butter cookies for at least a year and upon tasting one of these, I just kept going and ate 3. Then my 19 yo DS and his girlfriend came back from classes and they also just loved these cookies. I made 1/2 of the recipe, but it still made 30 cookies using my cookie scoop. The only change I made was to add a few shakes of sea salt from my shaker and rather than rolling them into balls and then in sugar, I just dipped my fork into the sugar before making the marks in my scoops, much easier. Mine cooked perfectly in 7 minutes. They are slightly crisp on the edges and soft in the middle, just perfect. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe that I will definitely be repeating.
These cookies are delicious - very soft and tender for a PB cookie. I could tell after mixing the dough that they were going to be light and fluffy. The only slight change was I cut both sugars back to 3/4 cup. I received 72 cookies from this one recipe! Each batch came out perfect after 8 minutes of baking. A great addition to my rotation of cookie recipes. Thanks Lainey for sharing!! Tagged and made for I Recommend tag game.
Super yummy! Made as directed and with chocolate chips but the original recipe is my favorite! Made them for the 3rd time yesterday. Made half the recipe and it made 3 dozen good sized cookies. 4 people home, 5 cookies left this afternoon. Eat responsibly... or don't lol ;)