Egg-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
This is an adaptation to a recipe on this site...only I didn't have any eggs. Wasn't sure if it would taste any good, but they are great! Very soft and moist.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (I use creamy)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- mix together peanut butter, sugars, vanilla and margarine until well blended.
- add rest of ingredients, and mix well til totally combined.
- form dough into balls about 3/4 inch in size, and place on ungreased cookie sheet, mark top of balls with fork.
- heat in 375 degree oven for 8-10 minute.
- wait a minute, then transfer to wire rack, cool completely.
- Store in air tight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is basically the Purity Cook Book recipe, without eggs. I have no idea why baking powder is included instead of just 1tsp baking soda. There really isn't enough liquid to activate the baking powder. Baking soda on the other hand, takes some of the acidity out and helps raise them a bit so they aren't like hockey pucks. Adding 2 tbls water will compensate for lack of moisture from the egg. I will however try this recipe as like the OP.. im out of eggs and I want cookies. Wanted 45 to 55 yr old fem who looks 35 to 40 and can make cookies. Ok, Looking 45 to 55 is ok, the important part is the "make cookies" lol
I only had white sugar on hand and replaced the brown sugar with it. It was a bit too sweet so I would use 3/4 cup sugar in total instead of 1 cup. The baking soda flavour was very prominent even though I reduced it to 1/4 tsp. The cookies rose fine so I might consider taking it out completely. The dough was also very very dry and crumbly. I ended up adding 1/2 cup water in order to be able to roll it up, and even then, the dough was still crumbling.