Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Spark People.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (for rolling the balls of dough in)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and Splenda until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- At this point you will want to chill the dough for a while, or it will be too sticky to handle. When the dough is suitably chilled, shape it into walnut sized balls and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.