Soft Ginger Sugar Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Combine flour, ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter 30 seconds, until soft.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses and beat well.
- Add 1/2 the flour mixture and stir in, then stir in the rest of the flour mixture.
- The dough should be at a consistency that you can roll it with your hands into balls. I often have to add quite a bit more flour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in sugar.
- Place cookes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. Do not brown! The cookies should be almost underbaked in the middle.
- Let, cool 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Store in cookie tins.
Join The Conversation
This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing! I chilled the dough for a few minutes in the freezer while I tidied up, but I don't think it was even necessary. I also threw in a tb of candied ginger bits because I had them, but again, not necessary. Absolutely perfect directions and proportions, thank you! Now to keep them around for more than an hour...