Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found this recipe here online but made a few adjustments. Worked beautifully!
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the molasses.
- Mix the water and baking soda and stir.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and dry spices; add gradually to the molasses mixture.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Mix together in a separate bowl, 4 T white sugar, 1 T cinnamon and 1/2 t ginger. Shape dough into walnut sized balls and roll into Cinna-Ginger mixture.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
Delicious cookies. The cookies themselves are not too sweet, so the contrast with the sugar on the outside is really nice. The ginger flavor really comes through. Very good. The flavor reminds me of something from my childhood, but I just can place it. Oh well, great cookies. Made for PAC Spring 2009, I adopted this chef as my "baby".