Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I came across this recipe in my old recipe box. I used to love these cookies! The recipe was given to me by a woman I used to work with. The cookies are puffy and soft, very chocolatey! I always added the icing to them. Mmm. I can't wait to make them again!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, beating until fluffy.
- Add milk and blend together.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to butter mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove to cooling racks; cool thoroughly.
- Frost when cool if desired.