Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is our family recipe and the way we always ate our soft-boiled eggs! I carry on the tradition.
- 4 eggs
- 6 -8 saltine crackers, approximately
- butter (optional) or margarine (optional)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil and carefully lower the eggs into the water. Once water boils again, boil the eggs for approximately 3 1/2 minutes. (The eggs should be slightly runny but not hard-boiled.)
- Drain. Use a clean towel to handle the eggs and gently tap in half. Scoop out the egg using a spoon and place into a small bowl. Repeat.
- For each soft-boiled egg serving, I would guess that we used about 3-4 saltines. If you wish you can lightly butter the saltines, in which case you would break the crackers up with a knife. For unbuttered saltines, crush the saltine crackers lightly with your hands and place in the bowl with the shelled eggs.
- Using a fork, mix well; breaking up the eggs into small pieces. Season to taste with cracked black pepper and serve immediately.
Never thought to eat my eggs like this ! The kids liked it too!