Kittencal's Technique for Perfect Easy-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Ready In:
- 6 large eggs (or you may increase)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- water, to cover
- 3 cups ice cubes (or use as much as desired)
- Place the eggs in a saucepan.
- Cover the eggs with lukewarm water.
- Add in vinegar and pinch salt.
- Bring to a full boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes (start timing after the water reaches a full boil).
- Remove from heat cover with a tight lid.
- Allow the eggs to stand for 11 minutes.
- Drain the eggs a couple times under very cold water.
- Cover the eggs with cold water then add in some ice.
- Allow the eggs to sit in ice water for about 3 minutes.
- Drain and peel.
Join The Conversation
Find yourself another recipe for "easy to peel" hard boiled eggs cause this ISN'T it. Half of them came out (as a friend of mine says) looking like a two year old peeled them i.e. half off the egg still in the shell!l Save yourself a lot of time and trouble. There are MUCH better recipes available on the internet!