1/1 Photo of Sock-It-To-Me Cake
3 hrs 40 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
My Mom got this recipe from my Aunt Frances many years ago and it's always been a family favorite. When my Mom would ask me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday, this was the one I requested! (Prep-time includes chilling time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines Butter-style preferred)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup butter (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Topping
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1Bake cake in a 9X13-inch baking pan, according to the directions on the box.
- 2Let cake cool completely.
- 3Mix together cream cheese and pudding mix with electric mixer.
- 4Add cold milk, a little at a time, and beat until well blended.
- 5Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- 6Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 7Spread Cool Whip topping over cream cheese mixture.
- 8Sprinkle top of cake with crushed pineapples.
- 9Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- 10Keep cake refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sock-It-To-Me Cake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.4
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 443.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g