Prep 3 hrs
Cook 40 mins
My Mom got this recipe from my Aunt Frances many years ago and it's always been a family favorite. When my Mom would ask me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday, this was the one I requested! (Prep-time includes chilling time)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines Butter-style preferred)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Topping
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Bake cake in a 9X13-inch baking pan, according to the directions on the box.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Mix together cream cheese and pudding mix with electric mixer.
- Add cold milk, a little at a time, and beat until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Spread Cool Whip topping over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle top of cake with crushed pineapples.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Keep cake refrigerated.
This is wonderful. I have been doing this cake for years, only I mix 1/2C sugar with the pineapple and simmer it while the cake is cooking and pour it on top of the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven and then let it cool before I spread the toppings on it. Thanks for the alternate way of doing this.
I don't know if this is true or not but when I was given this recipe I was told it was named for the Sock-It-To-Me girl on Rowan and Martin Laugh In. Anyway we have always liked this cake. The pudding filling and cool whip frosting makes this cake. Thanks Kim D. Bullwinkle
Lovely cake. We really enjoyed this!Excellent cake for the warmer weather that we are having here in Texas. You would be hard pressed to find an easier, more moist and flavorful cake. I suspect we will make it for Easter also!Thnks,Kim-PeggyLynn