My Mom got this recipe from my Aunt Frances many years ago and it's always been a family favorite. When my Mom would ask me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday, this was the one I requested! (Prep-time includes chilling time)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines Butter-style preferred)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Topping
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Bake cake in a 9X13-inch baking pan, according to the directions on the box.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Mix together cream cheese and pudding mix with electric mixer.
- Add cold milk, a little at a time, and beat until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Spread Cool Whip topping over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle top of cake with crushed pineapples.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Keep cake refrigerated.