Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I discovered this recipe on the box of a Sara Lee pound cake. It is extremely simple to prepare, but has great flavor and presentation. We love it served with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. Blueberry pie filling, or a combination of fresh blueberries, raspberries, sliced peaches or pitted cherries (to make 2 cups) combined with 3/4 cup apricot jam could be substituted for the cherry pie filling for variations on the cobbler.
- 1 (12 ounce) frozen pound cake
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract, I use a bit more
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds, with a few more for garnishing plates
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes. Place cubes in a 9-inch microwave safe pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine pie filling, water, and almond extract.
- Spoon pie filling over cubed cake and sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high 5-7 minutes (time may vary depending on your microwave), or until hot.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping and additional toasted sliced almonds sprinkled on top.
- *Fresh Fruit Option: Combine 2 cups fresh blueberries, raspberries, sliced peaches, or pitted cherries with 3/4 cup apricot jam and substitute for the pie filling.