Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is delicious and so irresistibly good. A great addition to the dainty tray, especially at holiday time!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (I crush Nillas)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- Melt butter, add sugar, lightly beaten eggs and coconut. Cook over low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and cool.
- Add remaining ingredients, spread in a 9 inch pan and chill.
- When cooled, frost with cream cheese icing.
- ICING: Blend the cream cheese, butter and vanilla, beat til smooth and creamy. Add in the icing sugar, more if needed for desired consistency. Spread the amount of icing you wish to use for the cake and refrigerate the rest, find the extra icing great to have on hand to ice muffins or cupcakes.
- Cooking time includes chilling time.
I have had this recipe saved to make for the holidays for the good part of 2 years, solely due to the great picture by averybird. I made these to give out as holiday treats for our mailman and our neighbors on each side. I made them exactly as directed, crushing animal crackers for the wafer crumbs, and using a 9x9 pan for the mixture. I'm not sure if I kept them in the refrigerator too long to chill, but they came out very dense, almost fudge-like (they got a little better at room temperature), and they were SO sweet (it could be just me, I don't eat as many sweet things as I used to). They are very pretty, and thank you for posting them, but I haven't heard a thing back about them. I'm not sure they are our thing... Thanks anyway!
We are in the middle of a snowstorm here, and hence these little bars seemed apropos! Plus they look fabulous! The frosting was a bit too sweet for my taste, but I like a thick layer of frosting to give the 'snowdrift' effect. Next time I will cut back on the powdered sugar. A great addition to my 2008 Christmas gift trays along with Recipe#265772 and Recipe#26849.
I baked up a storm yesterday and these were the last of the bunch, so good and so easy to make! I used colored marshmallows and they look so pretty! I think my diet is in serious trouble!