Recipe by Patti Cake
I first sampled this salad at a chili cook-off - perfect! This is a real hit at fall parties. I like to use a mix of green and red apples.
Top Review by Sherry of WA
The trick to this one is this: I used 1/2 box vanilla and 1/2 box butterscotch pudding, it gives the salad a better balanced flavor. Add a "splash" of half-and-half to thin the pudding and cool whip some, it will still thicken...but makes mixing easier when adding to the apples. Granny smiths are really the best to provide the tart taste of apples against the sweet of the caramel.
- 6 (382.71 g) Snickers candy bars, chill and chop
- 6 apples, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces (Granny Smith and or or Red Delicious)
- 340.19 g container Cool Whip
- 141.74 g box instant vanilla pudding (NO milk, use dry mix, DO NOT prepare!) or 141.74 g box butterscotch pudding mix (NO milk, use dry mix, DO NOT prepare!)
Garnish for extra flair
- 118.29 ml caramel ice cream topping (optional) or 118.29 ml caramel apple dip (optional)
- 118.29 ml chopped peanuts, can also sprinkled on top (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cool whip and dry pudding mix together.
- Chop apples and chilled Snickers.
- Mix together.
- Heat caramel sauce a bit in the microwave- just enough to drizzle, not enough to heat up salad.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over salad and sprinkle peanuts on top.
- Chill for at least an hour-- Voila!