Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe I found on Facebook, posted by "Kim's Krazyness." It has a moist, almost "wet" cake layer due to the topping of caramel you pour on while it's hot. NOTE: Because it has a real whipped cream topping, be sure to to store in the refrigerator!
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, chopped
- chocolate syrup
- caramel ice cream topping
- Bake the devil's food cake as directed on the box, in a 13 x 9" pan.
- While cake is baking, combine the sweetened condensed milk and most of the jar of caramel ice cream topping. (reserve a bit back for the topping).
- When the cake is done, remove from oven, and poke holes in it, using a fork or straw. Immediately pour the sweetened condensed milk - caramel mixture on top so it can soak into the cake.
- Cool cake completely.
- Top cake with semi sweet chocolate chips.
- In a well chilled bowl, using chilled beaters, whip the 2 cups of whipping cream, powdered sugar and the vanilla into whipped cream, about 1-3 minutes on high. Gently stir in the chopped Snickers Bar pieces. Spread over cake.
- Top with chopped peanuts.
- Drizzle top of cake with chocolate syrup and the reserved caramel syrup.
- Chill before serving, and store remaining portions in the refrigerator.