Recipe by Dib's
One of those yum cakes.
Top Review by BarbaraK
This was a good cake. Very rich and very very chocolaty. Everyone here at work loved it. I think the ONLY thing I will do different next time is to leave out the chocolate chips in the midde. I would recommend this cake anyone and everyone.
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 14 ounces individually wrapped caramels (unwrap them!)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- milk chocolate frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside 1/2 cup each of chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Make cake mix according to directions.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared spring form pan (around 10 inches by 3)pan and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat melt caramels, margarine, and milk.
- Pour this over baked cake, top with 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Pour remaining batter over this and sprinkle top with 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Bake again at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool completely and frost with milk chocolate frosting.
- Sprinkle top with the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the 1/2 cup walnuts.