So yummy and quite healthy: 84 calories each, 1 g of fat. From Cooking Light's November 2000 issue (my favorite issue)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Measure flour into a large bowl using the scoop and level method.
- Add 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix oil, vanilla and whole eggs in a small bowl, and add to the large bowl (your dough will be dry and quite crumbly).
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 7 or 8 times.
- Divide in half. Shape each portion into a roll about 8 inches long, and place them six or so inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Flatten each roll to 1 inch thick.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon, then gently brush the tops of the rolls with the egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the sheet and cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices and lay them cut sides down on the cookie sheet again.
- Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees F and then bake 10 more minutes, turn over and bake 10 more. They'll be soft in the middle but will harden as they cool.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.