1/7 Photos of Snickerdoodle Biscotti
1 hr 10 mins
So yummy and quite healthy: 84 calories each, 1 g of fat. From Cooking Light's November 2000 issue (my favorite issue)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Measure flour into a large bowl using the scoop and level method.
- 3Add 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Mix oil, vanilla and whole eggs in a small bowl, and add to the large bowl (your dough will be dry and quite crumbly).
- 5Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 7 or 8 times.
- 6Divide in half. Shape each portion into a roll about 8 inches long, and place them six or so inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- 7Flatten each roll to 1 inch thick.
- 8Combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon, then gently brush the tops of the rolls with the egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 9Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from the sheet and cool for 15 minutes.
- 11Cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices and lay them cut sides down on the cookie sheet again.
- 12Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees F and then bake 10 more minutes, turn over and bake 10 more. They'll be soft in the middle but will harden as they cool.
- 13Cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snickerdoodle Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 52.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g