Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is out of an old company cookbook.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup gingersnap cookie, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl combine egg, 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce, gingersnaps, onion, raisins and 3/4 tsp salt.
- Add ground beef; mix well.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray, brown patties over medium high heat till brown on both sides.
- Pour off fat.
- Blend remaining tomato sauce with rest of ingredients; pour over patties.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes, spooning sauce over occasionally.
Made for PRMR! I made these for my picky kids today, they loved them. Kid tested, Father approved! Thanks for the recipe. It is a go to meal!