1/1 Photo of Smultringer Norwegian Doughnuts
24 hrs 10 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
For Zaar 6 tour. They say these are best hot, not cold. Norwegians eat these from a truck in the winter time. The baking powder seems excessive to me, but maybe because of overnight sitting it needs more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Whip crream and sour cream together.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder and cardamom together.
- 4Add alternately, with butter and cream mixture, to the egg mixture.
- 5Mix lightly together.
- 6Refrigerate overnight.
- 7Roll out dough.
- 8Cut doughnuts.
- 9Reroll scraps and cut out doughnuts.
- 10Have oil at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 11Deep fry, a few at time, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smultringer Norwegian Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.7
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 278.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g