For Zaar 6 tour. They say these are best hot, not cold. Norwegians eat these from a truck in the winter time. The baking powder seems excessive to me, but maybe because of overnight sitting it needs more.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whip crream and sour cream together.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cardamom together.
- Add alternately, with butter and cream mixture, to the egg mixture.
- Mix lightly together.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Roll out dough.
- Cut doughnuts.
- Reroll scraps and cut out doughnuts.
- Have oil at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Deep fry, a few at time, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.