Sauteed mushrooms, steak sauce, and Worcestershire sauce create robust flavors in this knife-and-fork burger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package presliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fat-free less-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium steak sauce (such as Angostura)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- tomato, slices 1/2 inch thick
- 4 (2 ounce) kaiser rolls, toasted
- 1Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute or until tender, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high. Add mushrooms to pan; cook 10 minutes or until moisture evaporates, stirring occasionally. Combine broth, steak sauce, and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove mushroom mixture from pan; cover and keep warm. Wipe pan with paper towels.
- 2**Burgers can be grilled seperately on out door grill and then mushrooms cooked as directed.
- 3Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add beef to bowl; toss gently to combine. Shape beef mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- 4Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice on the bottom half of each roll. Top each serving with 1 patty, about 1/4 cup mushroom mixture, and top half of roll.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Steak Burger
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 723.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium steak sauce