Mushroom, Onion and Pepper Smothered Burgers
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Light Spread, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced mushrooms
- 2 2 medium red bell peppers or 2 medium yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey, shaped into 4 patties
- 4 whole grain kaiser rolls or 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until golden; remove mushrooms from skillet and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook green peppers with onion, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until very tender. Add to mushrooms and keep warm.
- Cook burgers in same skillet over medium-high heat, turning once, 5 minutes or until burgers are thoroughly cooked. Serve on rolls, then top with mushrooms, peppers and onion.
- Nutrition Information per serving with ground beef: Calories 470, Calories From Fat 120, Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 13g, Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 570mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g, Sugars 12g, Dietary Fiber 9g, Protein 35g, Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 15%, Iron 30%.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!