Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Moist breaded pork chops with a delicious sauce.
Make and share this Smothered Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse pork chops, pat dry and season both sides with garlic powder and seasoning salt. Place the beaten egg in a small bowl. Dredge pork chops lightly in flour, dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops 4-5 minutes per side, or until breading appears well browned. Transfer the chops to a 9 x 9 in baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. During last 15 minutes combine chicken broth, beef base, honey Dijon mustard and soy sauce in same skillet used for frying pork chops. Whisk 3 tablespoons flour with 1/4 cup cold water add to mixture to make sauce. Cook on medium heat until boiling. Boil for 1 minute.
- Cover pork chops with the sauce, replace foil and bake for about another 25 minutes.
Smartblonde #2 you've made my DH a very happy man with your Smothered Pork Chops. He went up for seconds. This is country home cooking at it's best! My family enjoyed it very much as did I and we were all smiling:) Thanks a bunch for a keeper of a recipe! Made it for PAC Spring 2014.