Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very good. I have substituted with pheasant and chicken and both are very good this way.
- 4 grouse breasts
- garlic or onion powder, which ever you prefer to taste
- swiss cheese or American cheese, grated
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- seasoning salt
- Saute cleaned grouse breasts in wine or broth, butter and spices.
- As this begins heating, add mushrooms and onions.
- Grouse will cook fast. Cook grouse and vegetables no loner than 3-4 minutes.
- When grouse and vegetables are done put grouse in small baking pan or cookie sheet and top with vegetable and cheese.
- Heat in oven until cheese melts and serve with any side dish like rice, stuffing, potatoes, noodles, etc.