Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Smothered Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 lb skinless smoked turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, freshly chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 lbs greens (mustard, turnip, collard, kale, or mixture)
- Place all ingredients except greens into large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Prepare greens by washing thoroughly and removing stems.
- Tear or slice leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Add greens to turkey stock. Cook 20 to 30 minutes until tender.