Recipe by Ty's Kitchen
This tried and true recipe has been enjoyed by many. Hope you like it! Makes enough filling for 1 dozen 3-inch tarts or 2 dozen 2-inch tarts. Recipe may be doubled, tripled, etc.
Top Review by BestTeenChef
The taste of these tarts are too die for!!!!!!!!! I cooked mine slightly less than 15 minutes because when I looked in the oven, some of the tart shells were burnt. Next time, I would probaly cook at a lower temperature for longer... Other than that, everything worked out great!! Thanks for this delish recipe Ty's Kitchen!
- 59.14 ml dried currant
- 1 dozen prepared tart shells (3-inch)
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml cream (whipping or cereal)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over currants and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain. Place currants on paper towel to absorb extra water. Place about 1 teaspoon currants in each tart shell.
- Combine butter, cream, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and lemon juice until mixed. Mixture will have bits of butter remaining and will looked curdled --- this is normal. Pour about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of filling over currants in each tart.
- Bake at 400F for about 15 minutes.
- (If making 2-inch tarts use about 1/2 teaspoons of currants and 2 to 3 tsps. of filling per tart).