This soup got fabulous reviews on the Food Network website....I mean a ton. It sounds different and delish. I can't wait to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup olive oil and 3 drops of liquid smoke. Toss 4 of the Portobello mushrooms in oil mixture and roast them in the oven for approximately 45 minutes. Chop mushrooms into cubes.
- 3In a large pot, saute onions in olive oil. Once onions are sauteed, add remaining uncooked Portobello mushrooms and garlic. After mushrooms and garlic are cooked, add roasted mushrooms, white wine, and chicken broth. Allow mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, and place mixture in blender in batches. Blend well. Set mixture aside after blended.
- 5Add butter to soup pot and melt over medium heat. Blend flour into melted butter and cook, stirring constantly, until browned to create a roux. Slowing blend in heavy cream, stirring constantly until well mixed.
- 6Return mushroom mixture to pot and stir well to blend. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- 7Serve with croutons, sour cream, and sliced chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Portabella Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2743 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.8
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 35.8 g
- Cholesterol 193.5 mg
- Sodium 435.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g