found this on another food website. Was submited by Cherylptw. I made using leftover mashed potatoes and then followed the directions from step 3 on. my bh loved them!! be sure the freeze the gouda cheese before you try to grate it (about 30 minutes). garnish with fresh, chopped parsley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed & drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 pieces bacon, cooked
- 1Add the potatoes to a large skillet; cover with water and simmer until fork tender or about 8 minute.
- 2Drain potatoes and pour into a large bowl; set aside to cool.
- 3Wipe out the skillet, add one tablespoon of canola oil and saute the shallot and garlic for two minutes over medium low heat.
- 4Stir in the peas and continue to cook for another two minutes then pour mixture into bowl with the potatoes to cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 375°F Degrees.
- 6wipe out the skillet once again, add the remaining canola oil and heat over medium low temperature.
- 7Using a fork, roughly mash the potatoes; stir in the cumin, salt, pepper and smoked gouda cheese.
- 8Divide mixture evenly into six portions; form into thick patties, patting the sides in firmly to keep mixture together.
- 9Press the patties into the panko breadcrumbs on all sides then place into the hot oil.
- 10Brown until golden on both sides then carefully remove from skillet with a spatula and drain on paper towels.
- 11Drain any remaining oil from skillet; return the patties to the skillet.
- 12Place skillet in oven for 10 minutes or until potato patties are crispy & heated through.
- 13Meanwhile, add the sour cream and bacon to a food processor and puree until blended.
- 14To serve the dish, place one potato patty on each serving plate; add a dollop of sour cream on the opposite end of the plate.
- 15Garnish with fresh parsley leaves. Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky English Pea & Potato Patties With Bacon Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.6
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 1722.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 14.4 g