Recipe by KeyWee
Everytime a get together is planned, guess what I get asked to bring (AGAIN!)? This is a great dish for potlucks - feeds a crowd. Adapted from one of the first Taste of Home magazines.
Top Review by ChefDebs
I decided to try this dish to take along to a church potluck supper, they were delicious, so much so , that I couldnt bear to take them all along, I kept half for own consumption.LOL
- 1 lb bacon (diced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans (undrained)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans (drain & rinse)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans (drain & rinse)
- 1 (1 lb) package Little Smokies sausage (cut into thirds)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In frying pan, cook bacon until crisp, drain, reserving one tablespoon of drippings.
- Set bacon aside.
- In drippings, saute onion until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine all beans, sausage, bacon& onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to bean mixture, mixing well.
- Pour into large baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.