Pecan Crusted Sweet Potato Casserole
- Ready In:
- 8 -10 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 -3 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Peel, boil, and mash sweet potatoes to yeild approx 6 cups. (If using canned sweet potatoes: use two large and one small can rinsed and drained).
- Combine mashed sweet pototoes with remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In separate bowl, combine pecans, melted butter, and brown sugar. Coat well.
- Gradually add flour to coated pecans until slightly crumbly.
- Top casserole with pecan mixture covering as much of the surface as possible.
- Bake uncovered 30-45 minutes at 375 degrees until top is browned and crusty. Casserole will set up during baking.
- Cool slightly and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!