Yitzchok M's Note:
Smoky Baba Ganoush from David Lebovitz http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2008/07/baba-ganosh/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
- 2Prick each eggplant a few times, then char the outside of the eggplants by placing them directly on the flame of a gas burner and as the skin chars, turn them until the eggplants are uniformly-charred on the outside. (If you don’t have a gas stove, you can char them under the broiler. If not, skip to the next step.).
- 3Place the eggplants on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until they’re completely soft; you should be able to easily poke a paring knife into them and meet no resistance.
- 4Remove from oven and let cool.
- 5Split the eggplant and scrape out the pulp. Puree the pulp in a blender or food processor with the other ingredients until smooth.
- 6Taste, and season with additional salt and lemon juice, if necessary. Serve drizzle with olive oil, perhaps some herbs and with crackers, sliced baguette, or toasted pita chips for dipping.
- 7Storage: Baba Ganoush can be made and refrigerated for up to five days prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Baba Ganoush
Serving Size: 1 (1851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1279.3
- Calories from Fat 713
- Total Fat 79.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3043.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 68.4 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 40.5 g