Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
About the simplest BBQ recipe there is.. and it's very good.
- 3 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- SPRINKLE RIBS WITH SALT AND PEPPER.
- PLACE IN SLOW COOKER.
- COVER WITH ONION SLICES.
- MIX REMAINING INGREDIENTS; POUR OVER RIBS AND ONION.
- COVER AND COOK ON LOW HEAT SETTING 8-10 HOURS.
- REMOVE RIBS TO WARM PLATTER; KEEP WARM.
- STRAIN JUICES.
- POUR JUICES FROM SLOW COOKER INTO 1 QUART SAUCEPAN.
- HEAT TO BOILING OVER MEDIUM HIGH HEAT; REDUCE HEAT TO MEDIUM.
- COOK ABOUT 5 MINUTES OR UNTIL SAUCE HAS SLIGHTLY THICKENED.
- SERVE SAUCE WITH RIBS.
Great Flavor! We were looking for something different to do with ribs and this definitely fit the bill. The meat fell off the bones.
I made these yesterday and couldn't wait to get home from to work to test them. The meat was so tender, and the sauce ingredients blended nicely so it was a bit sweet, but you couldn't tell it was apple butter. I also threw in some quartered redskins. I thought I'd have leftovers but my boyfriend finished them up. Will be making these again.
Wonderful flavor. I tweaked things a bit by adding chopped apples and carmelized onions to the juices, which made a more hearty gravy. The meat was incredibly tender and just fell apart -- no knives needed!