Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a good slow cooker recipe. Fast to put together, smells and tastes fabulous!
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, sliced thin
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put all above ingredients in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours.
Hearty! I used a 900 ml carton of beef broth instead of the canned broth and water because it roughly equals the 30 oz of liquid. I started it in the slow cooker on high but began to worry when it was an hour before dinner and I didn't see any bubbles. It was stone cold - I guess because of all the frozen vegetables. I transferred it to the stove and it turned out great. I did add one clove of minced garlic. Even better the next day, but there wasn't much broth left, so it was more like a stew. My DH added some Franks Red Hot sauce to his for some added kick. Thanks-it's a keeper! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
This recipe is amazingly simple and quick to put together. I used a lean, well smoked and seasoned sausage and I believe that was the key to having a well-seasoned soup that tastes smokey. It was really very good. I'm glad I picked this recipe for Pick A Chef Spring 2008.