Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Create the real flavour ! Do not go after chemically flavoured smoked cheese.
- 8 big potatoes (WASHED & CUT INTO 4 PIECES EACH WITH SKINS ON)
- shredded mozzarella cheese (, TO LAYER OVER POTATOES)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 slice bread
- 1 tablespoon salted peanuts or 1 tablespoon almonds, coarsely crushed
- Also need a big lid that will cover your serving dish entirely and a smoldering red hot charcoal piece.
- Grease a baking dish and line the potatoes.
- Drizzle oil to coat well and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour in a preheated oven turning the potatoes from time to time.
- When potatoes are done, sprinkle shredded cheese and bake for 5-7 minutes more till the cheese melts nicely.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving dish.
- Now keep the bread slice in the center of the dish.
- Place the smoldering charcoal piece on the bread slice and let one drop of oil fall on the same.
- U will see lot of smoke coming out.
- At this very moment, immediately cover the dish with a large lid that will not let the smoke escape from any side.
- Remove the lid after a minute.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts or almonds and enjoy a nice meal.
This dish is very good. It is fancy, so i don't eat it as a family meal. When guests come over that I want to impress, this is the first thing that comes to mind to make for them.