Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Be sure and use half of a canned chipotle, not half a can!
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cold smoked, peeled, and seeded
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo (canned)
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a blender, combine the peppers, chipotle, onion, and lime juice
- and blend. While the blender is still running, slowly add the olive
- oil until emulsified. Add the sugar and season with salt and pepper
- to taste. This recipe yields about 1 cup of vinaigrette.