Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Make and share this Smoked Turkey Breast recipe from Food.com.
- Soak wood chips in water 12 hours.
- Combine salt and the next 3 ingredients; rub mixture over turkey breast.
- Prepare smoker by following manufacturer's directions, bringing internal temperature to 225° to 250°; maintain temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain wood chunks, and place on coals.
- Place turkey on upper cooking grate; cover with smoker lid.
- Smoke turkey, maintaining temperature inside smoker between 225° and 250°, for 5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion is 170°; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Mostly followed recipe with a few additions. Mixed seasonings well in a shaker. In addition to the outside of the breast, I also sprinkled and rubbed the seasoning under the skin and then sprinkled it on the inside, too. To keep it moist, we put a drip pan in the smoker, with about 2 inches of liquid (any liquid would do but we used a combination of water, beer and chicken broth) then placed the turkey on the grate directly above the pan, adding more liquid as needed. I've never been a big fan of turkey but this recipe has changed my mind. This was the most flavorful and moist turkey I've ever had!