Recipe by KittyKitty
No smoker or gas grill needed for this smoked turkey, a charcoal grill is all you need to get the smoky flavor.
Top Review by donmarcb
We rate it five stars. It was the finest turkey breast we've ever had. We made one modification to the recipe since we were using an 18 inch WEBER kettle grill. We cut off the rib cage and neck bones which made the breast fit the kettle grill and was easier to manage.
- 5 -6 lbs bone-in turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- hickory chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Split turkey breastbone so it will lie flat on grill.
- Combine 1 teaspoons seasoned salt and crushed red pepper; sprinkle mixture over underside of turkey breast.
- Combine 1 tbls. seasoned salt, basil, and paprika; sprinkle over top of turkey breast.
- Coat both sides of turkey breast with cooking spray.
- Prepare charcoal fire in one end of grill; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Soak hickory chips in water at lease 15 minutes; place chips on coals.
- Place turkey breast on end of grill opposite coals; close grill hood.
- Cook 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 170°F
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.